What is the procedure?
- All prospective employees must complete a confidential pre-employment / pre-placement questionnaire.
- This is returned directly in the provided envelope to the Restricted Staff in the Corporate Care Health Assessment Division.
- This is assessed by an Occupational Health Nursing Advisor (OHNA).
- In the majority of cases the OHNA will be able to complete their assessment on the basis of the questionnaire alone.
This assessment will take account of the medical issues in relation to:
- Job function assessment, particularly hazards involved and job requirements such as physical demands, mobility requirements.
- Any specific standards set by legislation.
- Any specific standards set by the employer.
- Presence of any work hazards particular to someone with an underlying medical condition.
- Risks anticipated with a requirement for foreign travel.
- Need for any baseline tests.
The OHNA will then inform the referring Personnel in writing of the outcome of their assessment using form 2 (Certificate of fitness). This will be sent within 3 working days of receipt of the questionnaire.
In some instances it may be necessary for the OHNA to investigate any queries. This may be done telephonically and will not affect the fee for the report.
£35 per health questionnaire
If an appointment with an Occupational Physician is necessary the cost is an additional £75.
Reports requested from GPs and specialists are subject to a fee. This may vary from practice to practice.
To ensure a smooth process this cost will initially be paid by Corporate Care but will be reclaimed from the business when Corporate Care Invoices the client. The GP or specialist's invoice will be attached.
What are the aims and outcomes of the assessment?
What can and cannot be achieved?